Gearhead TS style chip for 7.3 Power Strokes.
We at Beans Diesel Performance are constantly looking for products that will perform the best for our customers as well as having the customer service to go along with it. Gearhead Automotive brings just that to the 7.3 tuning market. We have dynoed GH's tunes up against other tuning and they have performed exceptionally well in addition to being super clean and smooth.
Using Sniper Delta Force and Power Hungry Minotaur software, Gearhead Automotive Performance has developed killer programs for the 7.3 Power Stroke. Completely stock truck or aftermarket turbo and injectors? No Problem! We handle these and anything in-between as well as radical combinations with the largest injectors.
Do you want programming that gets excellent mileage and acts like a stock truck until you pin the pedal? Do you want programming that doesn't belch smoke every time you try to merge into traffic? We can do that!
The TS Chip does NOT come with a 6 position switch plate. The switch plate is added to this page to show an option that you can add. P/N For Switch Plate 00:298200-6.
If your 7.3 has very extensive modifications, further "custom" tuning may be needed.
Shipping Lead Time:
These chips are burned and shipped out as ordered. Most orders will ship in 48-72 hours. You may still select an expedited shipping option but that will not speed up the process of the actual lead time as they are done on a first come first serve basis.
7.3 Tuning Descriptions:
Files available for 1999-2003 7.3's with stock injectors for 6 position chips:
Default files available for 99.5-2003 7.3's with stock injectors for 6 position chips (custom files by request):
Files available for 1994.5-1997 7.3's with single shot injectors:
- Heavy Tow – Towing up to the trucks capacity but with better economy than stock
- High Idle – Aids warm-up and running accessories with heavy electrical demand or better air conditioner performance in the summer time on long periods of idling
- Tow/Economy - Gains about 40 HP over stock can usually tow up to 10,000 lbs but user should watch Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) on long hills if towing 7,000 lbs and above.
- Street Muscle – Gains 80-100 HP over stock and runs about 1300 degrees max with an exhaust and intake installed
- Street Fury – Good for extra passing power (must watch EGT) and sprints from stoplight to stoplight without belching tons of smoke
- All Out – This file definitely smokes with a stab of the throttle but power gains over tune 5 depend on the condition of your High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) and its availability to produce enough volume to the injectors
- Heavy Tow
- High Idle
- All Out
Dyno Graph shown with 238 Hybrid injectors and 38R turbo.
SEE THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Info TAB FOR DETAILS BEFORE PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT
The PCM code or DPC code from your trucks computer is required so we can get you the matching tunes. See the 7.3L Chip Installation guide for details if you need help locating this information.